December 11, 2006

More Knitting...

Well, I am still knitting. For Christmas... This time it is in some very untypical colors, pink and orange. (Thanks to Mrs. J...) I was not entirely sure what I wanted to do at first, but after playing with some ideas I remembered Chicago, Devan Avenue. There you will find a host of Indian and Pakistani Restaurants and shops and the whole place is buzzing with rather unusual color combinations and vibrancy. For the Midwest anyhow... The pattern I came up with reminds me of some of the designs in the beautiful saris and shawls I used to see there. So I can't wait to finish them, we shall see! Got to love the 3D effect one can get (intentionally or as previously seen unintentionally) with stranded color knitting. The possibilities are endless and quite exciting!

No comments:

All materials unless otherwise stated © Knittiana!